Monday, January 28, 2013

Grocery Shopping

Like most people I tend to loath grocery shopping and as I have gotten older, all shopping. Spent the better part of the day working on the grocery list and the menu plan for the month. I have finally finished my master grocery list for the things we would normally buy.

The kids help with making the menu so of course they also get to help with the cooking and occasionally the shopping.

We started off talking about what we like to eat and of course what we tend to eat the most of during a month. We ended up with roughly 18 different dinners which includes a 'Fend for Yourself Night'.

Here is what our list looks like:
  • Homemade Mac & Cheese
  • Pizza
  • Lasagna
  • Spaghetti
  • Meatloaf
  • Hamburgers
  • Chicken Strips
  • Salmon
  • Cod
  • Pork Chops
  • Pork roast
  • Pot Roast
  • Steak
  • Pork Ribs
  • Tacos
  • Fajitas
  • Breakfast
  • Steak Strips
  • New Recipe
I realize these are all fairly general but when I start with a blank month we think in terms of beef, pork, chicken, meatless, seafood, pasta, Mexican, & new recipe. We then build the menu around those main ideas adding sides, salads, vegetables etc. Once I have the month started we will work on the week by week menu's the week before so we do not repeat the same foods over and over again.

I have noticed we are in a food rut...nothing sounds good and we have ended up having so much of the same things this past month. Just the thought of food is disgusting right now.

Here is a copy of my master grocery list to download...click here.

I am also going to attach a master copy of a monthly budget to check out...click here

No comments:

Post a Comment