I honestly believe that I could survive without a kit but if I was going to design a survival kit here is what it would contain:
- Chocolate - different varieties would be best for different situations
- Coffee - a MUST and those little packets make it easy now
- Nail File - many great uses
- Flashlight or Book light - it might get dark at some point
- $$$$ - always a helpful item, especially in emergencies
- Book - never know when you might just need to escape reality
- Pain Reliever - stress headaches can come on in emergencies
- Vodka - a small bottle to help with the stress (will also help to lighten the mood and make you laugh)
Now I am not really making fun of the fact that emergencies do happen and we have seen them unfold in front of our very eyes but honestly can we be prepared for everything?!?! In the 9 1/2 years that we lived in Ocean Shores we had been through three (3) Tsunami warnings and two of them were within 13 months of each other.
I wish that any of our greatest survival is making out of Costco without being broke and time will only tell what is next to come, but until then take life one step at a time and one survival moment at a time.