Sunday, September 11, 2011

Getting Ready for the Week

Normally I would say the Sunday evening ritual of getting ready for the week is a pain in the back side but this is the first Sunday in all of our school years we have not had to find homework, re-read something, or sign papers to go back to school. WOW what a change this has been. I was probably a really good thing since it was very hot today. We reached about 90 degrees outside at our house and it was muggy. There is also a haze laying over the area due to a forest fire northwest of here.

We were really lazy today due to the heat, even the kids were just tired from it. I am not complaining about the heat so much as marvelling in the wonderful weather. Where we lived for the last 10 years I honestly think the last good hot summer we had was about 4-5 years ago. Don't get me wrong we had some great days throughout the summer but the long term good days did not happen as regularly as they do inland.

I did do some getting ready for the week by double checking schedules to see who was doing what tomorrow and if there was anything extra to do. Hoping some of our momentum from last week will be sticking with us this week as well. I really think it helps they are choosing when they do certain subjects. I also think it is good that we will not be starting composition until next week. My dear son dispises writing especially the physical act of writing.

Ready to go read my book and enjoy some mom time.

No comments:

Post a Comment