Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Saturday Adventure

I have to say that we have had an interesting day, especially for a Saturday. We went out to our storage unit and an Estate Buyer met us to look at a few things we are thinking of selling and I can honestly say that some of his thoughts were a little out there. Now don't get me wrong we watch all those fun shows, Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, American Pickers, and Pawn Stars, we understand the difference between a retail price and our asking price but this guy had some really different ideas.

The retail prices that he mentioned for some of the items were 1/2 off Sunday Garage Sale prices. The really funny part is we could tell he was really interested in a few of the pieces but he was not willing to offer anything for those pieces so we could consider it. Needless to say I will continue with my Craigslist and eBay and see how I do.

After we came home from storage we did get a call for the elliptical. So hubby and I went back to storage, put it in the back of our SUV, and off to deliver it. So my hour or so away from the house turned into some quality time with the hubby and the beagle, she jumped in the car and didn't want to get out. I knew were I was going and I even knew how to get there but oh my one wrong turn and you end up VERY misplaced. The more misplaced I got the crankier I got and the funnier hubby thinks it is. I did print a map from mapquest but it did not print the correct section. It probably took us an hour plus to find the house and 10 minutes to get back to the main road from the house.

You have to love the craziness of life. On the positive side hubby was looking at an old picture in a frame, went to adjust it in the frame and found a 50 dollar bill behind it. Might just need to check some more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment