Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Word...Family

In a nut shell there is one word that can both evoke the most tender of feelings and some of the greatest rage we can ever feel...Family.

Family can and does drive us all a little bonkers. I love my family, I don't just mean my husband and children...I refer to the family I grew up with, but they can still drive us bonkers.

There are many things we can blame on what happens or why there are break down in communication within families but there is never just one thing, it is a multitude of things piling up over years and years which finally come crashing down around our heads. We have joked for years that our family puts the fun in dysfunctional. Sadly, it is not as true as we would like it to be.

We lived for 10 years in Ocean Shores, 1 1/2 hours away from the family, and it wasn't too bad. Family get together's happened but not on a regular basis and NO ONE ever just dropped by. Gotta love the lack of unexpected company.

There are times I really think that Debbie had the right idea of moving away. Distance can really help a family get along better. With distance you are separated from all the normal BS that happens. I think I miss the separation.

I thought with Debbie's untimely death our family would pull together again but even that has not happened in an overall capacity. There are ties which have pulled closer together, but like the shoelace which never stays tied regardless of how tight it is pulled, still manages to untie and go its separate way tripping you up every time you make a move. It is really hard to know what to do with the shoelace, you love the shoelace but you really would not mind just cutting if off and getting a new one.

The word for the year in my Project Life Album is Family.

Definition of FAMILY
  1. a group of individuals living under one roof and usually under one head: household
  2. a group of persons of common ancestry: clan
Origin of FAMILY

     Middle English familie, from Latin familia household (including servants as well as kin of the householder), from famulus servant
First Known Use: 15th Century

No comments:

Post a Comment