Saturday, February 23, 2013

Crap We Go Through

Have you ever considered all the crap we go through on a regular basis?

We can't remember events or circumstances or we just block it all out.

Today I managed to upset someone I don't even know by offering my KNOWLEDGE on a subject I have become quite familiar with. WTH?! Why do people do that to each other. I am the first to admit that I don't know everything and there are times I am not sure I know much of anything but this was just a little over the top especially when I had been specifically to answer questions on this topic.

The topic in question is the issue of competency through the VA.

We are at Day 137 of the competency claim with the VA. I have used the last 4 months to research and know as much as possible about competency, what the VA considers for incompetency, what would have been the key trigger to begin this process, and what the steps are to complete this ordeal.

I initially made the necessary phone calls to the VA and the Federal Fiduciary Office to find out processes and information. I think did countless HOURS of research and saved a TON of documents to use as reference. I have made it my mission to understand the process so I can explain it to my husband in a way he will understand. It is not that he is incapable of understanding but over the last 5-6 years there has been so many changes in his cognitive abilities I cannot overload his brain with too much information.

I do not normally boast about my abilities but I will say that I can research anything and I am relentless. If I want to know something I will try over and over again to find the answers. I have been VERY successful in my research in over the years.

I am a research NERD and I am perfectly ok with it. My love for research probably started with an old Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn film Desk Set. Spencer Tracy's character brings a computer into a TV Network's research department.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we all have struggles. Some of us rise above those struggles to help ourselves and those around us. Some want to continue to help strangers with the multitudes of useless knowledge we stick in our brains.

So while there are some events or circumstances I cannot remember for the life of me, if I tell you I RESEARCHED it, then you have be assured that I actually KNOW what I am talking about. When I tell you I am going through this carp RIGHT NOW, I am.

If you truly want my help, it is yours but do not get mad at me when you do not like the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment