Thursday, October 20, 2011

Traditions

Traditions usually mean a lot to those that begin the tradition as well as to those who have followed in the footsteps of those traditions. I think I have come to a time in my life when I want to start a few traditions based on me and my family. It is not to exclude anyone from what we are doing but to make our time together better.

There are so many days, even with the kids being home schooled, we are in our own area and focused on our own projects we tend to miss real time together. We are going to start with Thanksgiving. There is so much more to Thanksgiving then eating as much as you can in one meal and watching some football, don't get me wrong the food is good and the game usually is too, but we are missing something. Being Thankful for what we have is the true key to Thanksgiving.

I have been watching the Joplin Extreme Makeover progress on Facebook and crying for these people I have never met, what a wonderful experience for them. I am amazed at how fast these homes are being put together by these volunteers.

I am so Thankful my life has never been touched by natural disaster.

So here is to traditions both old and new...hopefully they will find a happy blending of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment