Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Rant

Just so every knows first hand this is going to rant about a few things, but it is time to get it out of my head.

What is with the way people drive? I have never seen so many people run red lights when they clearly should have just stopped. I never feel safe proceeding through an intersection without pausing first to see if idiot is going to decide to make a run for it. People seem to believe turn signals are options they did not know came with their vehicle. Yesterday, some guy was go impatient he drove the wrong way just so he could get into the turn lane to wait to get into traffic. WTH is that all about?

Another issue lately here is entitlement. If you have read my posts you know we were in a bad place with no where to go and if it wasn't for the help of a Veterans Program we would not be where we are today, enough said. Even in our situation we never felt entitled to a handout, a shove in the right direction is what we were looking for, and we are grateful. We are still not out of a danger zone since we only received a partial disability for his combat related health issues, so now we are waiting, again. We were told recently to apply to SSI since we have a disability determination from the VA, but I am not sure we will. Yes, I know we have paid into the system but again, there are others in greater need. We do not feel we are entitled to much, but there are benefits we have earned, there is a difference. My husband earned his VA disability.

We get Food Stamps because we do not make enough money, plain and simple, and I am not too proud to talk about it. I am a smart shopper, we go to the meat market for a freezer pack every month before we buy anything else. Then we are off to Costco, with a list.

Why people need to turn everything into a political debate is beyond me and I find it frustrating. Those are the kind of topics we should be putting on our personal FB pages not in a group setting.

Ok, my rant is diminished now. Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment