Saturday, January 7, 2012

Trust

There are times I am amazed at my lack of trust, but it is never a complete lack of trust, not 100%. Actually, I am on the fence most of the time having about 1-2% keeping me from the whole piece of mind, which comes with 100% trust.

I am not even sure where the lack of trust comes from other than mixed messages we have received throughout our lives. The best example of those messages is "God helps those that help themselves." After doing some digging I have discovered this is not in the Bible but probably developed through a mixture of actual verses. Follow the link above and check it out.

I know first hand what trust in God can do~we would not be as comfortable right now if we had not trusted in God to help us through a difficult time.

The verse for the week from Dandelion Seeds and A Clean Heart is: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5 (NIV)

Thank you Lord~For what You have provided us with even when we feel unworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment