Friday, November 27, 2015

Being Thankful

I have purposely not done any thankful posts this year because I was feeling like I didn't have much to be thankful for since Mom passed...then I started to think about what being thankful actually means.

thank·ful
ˈadjective
  1. pleased and relieved.
    "they were thankful that the war was finally over"
    synonyms:gratefulappreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved
    "she was thankful that the evening was over"
    • expressing gratitude and relief.
      "an earnest and thankful prayer"
      synonyms:gratefulappreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved
      "she was thankful that the evening was over"


    • I realized that I have so much to be thankful for:
  • Life
  • Husband
  • Children
  • Family
  • Home
  • Dogs
Well you get the idea. Then I added Mom. I am so very thankful for my Mom and the lessons she taught through example. She demonstrated how to be strong even when we didn't want to be. She showed how to be loving and giving when there wasn't a lot to give. She taught independence through her actions. She taught us how to live life to the fullest, so that is what I need to get back to doing...living life to the fullest.

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend & Stay Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment