Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Update

I decided it was past time for an update on what is going on in our lives.

We had successful Girl Scout Cookie Sales for my Dear Daughter. She has had a GS Sleepover, an Easter Egg Hunt, and World Thinking Day going on in her life. She is going to GS Camp later this month and is super excited.

My Dear Son has advanced in two of his courses already, Math and Earth Science. We are now starting Algebra and Life Science. His materials arrived on Monday and he got a microscope, boy did that cause some great excitement.

Dear Hubby is still working within his own challenges with PTSD. The VA finally gave a rating on his knee but it was not very favorable by just using x-rays, which to me is just a DUH moment on their part. He really needs an MRI and not just an arthritis doc wanting to push more meds. We have been going through some pretty sleepless nights, like every other night. I am not sure how to handle it but I have been trying to relax and let things happen as long as no one is getting hurt.

We finally got some great news on the VA Caregiver Program and not only do we qualify but we qualify for full time and I have my own income. We are making more money monthly than we have probably made since he returned from his tour of duty. We believe that we are in a better place in life, finally, even if it is not perfect.

Being a full time caregiver I do not have to work outside the home but I have begun volunteering for Family of a Vet and love all the wonderful people I have met through this wonderful organization. Their work is amazing and I am so happy to be apart of something so wonderful. I will continue with my research and advocacy for Homelessness among Veterans and this is a great group willing to support that as well.

We got a new car! We got a 2006 Ford Freestar SEL van. We are really happy with it and it was past time for a newer car. We took on car payments but we have checked the budget and we can easily do it.

We are hoping to be able to buy a house soon but one step at a time.

I am sure I have left some things out but I am working on posting more regularly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment